HOME British Wildlife Centre Brooklands Museum Aircraft Park Aircraft Factory Flight Shed Jackson Shed Stratosphere Chamber Brooklands Track Epsom Downs Hampton Court Reigate Hill Gatwick Aviation Museum Surrey England Portfolio of Places Portfolio of Things CONTACT

www.mgaylard.co.uk Brooklands Motor Museum


Siddeley 2 Seat Tourer

Siddeley 2 Seat Tourer

Morgan Model F

Morgan Model F

Cuthbert Riley 9hp Special

Cuthbert Riley 9hp Special

Austin 1935 Seven Speedy Le Mans

Austin 1935 Seven Speedy Le Mans

Napier-Railton and Lagonda Le Mans

Napier-Railton and Lagonda Le Mans

Delahaye 135

Delahaye 135

Napier-Railton

Napier-Railton

Lagonda Le Mans

Lagonda Le Mans

Bentley 4 1/2 Litre Le Mans

Bentley 4 1/2 Litre Le Mans

Peugeot Voiture

Peugeot Voiture

Railton Terraplane

Railton Terraplane

MG K3 Magnette

MG K3 Magnette

Duesenberg Single Seater

Duesenberg Single Seater

Napier-Railton

Napier-Railton

Delahaye 135

Delahaye 135

Lagonda Le Mans

Lagonda Le Mans

Lagonda Le Mans

Lagonda Le Mans

Bentley 4 1/2 Litre Wing Mirror

Bentley 4 1/2 Litre Wing Mirror

MG Midget

MG Midget

Marendaz Special 15/90

Marendaz Special 15/90

Hillman Aero Minx Streamliner

Hillman Aero Minx Streamliner

Bentley 4.4 Litre

Bentley 4.4 Litre

Napier-Railton

Napier-Railton

Napier-Railton

Napier-Railton

Lagonda Le Mans

Lagonda Le Mans

Lagonda Le Mans

Lagonda Le Mans

Bentley Hood Ornament

Bentley Hood Ornament

About The Malcolm Campbell and ERA Sheds
The Malcolm Campbell Shed

The World Land Speed Record holder Malcolm Campbell built his first shed here in 1926 and extended it in 1931. The building, surviving today, was used by him as office, workshop and showroom until around 1935. It was here that his successful ‘Blue Bird’ racing and world record-breaking cars were often kept, displayed or even built. The building was later taken over by leading motor engineers Thomson and Taylor as a workshop and showroom for Alfa Romeo and Railton cars.

The ERA Shed

This building is the latest of all the Paddock workshops having been completed in the late 1930s. It was occupied by LBB Motors who needed unusually high external doors to accommodate the double-decker buses that they converted to use diesel. It was also used as a Paddock showroom for the renowned English Racing Automobiles (ERAs). By 1939 it was occupied by the Brooklands Engineering Company, well known for their ‘Martlet’ pistons.

www.brooklandsmuseum.com